As I just came back from vacation. I opened my Google Reader to check the latest Chromium commits. With more than 750 commits for the last week, I decided to make this little post to list all the interesting (in my opinion) stuff regarding Chromium instead of tweeting/buzzing each feature as I usually do when I discover them.
I will not do this on a daily basis. Peter Beverloo is already doing this amazing work for Chromium/WebKit on his blog.
So what's new?
- Apps will open in normal tabs by default but if the user pin the tab, it'll be remembered.
speechinput attribute is enabled for all platforms and you should use
speechto use it now.
- About labs (
about:labs) is enable on all channels.
- Background Web Apps is a new lab. It allows installed web apps to run in the background at system startup and continue running after all windows are closed.
- The extension management API (more info here) is no longer experimental. It's an interesting API.
- AutoStart for Linux and Windows as landed, this allow to start Chromium without any windows.
- More work has been done on the Google Talk Chat Manager app.
- Chromium hits the 8.x version.
- Web Apps have unlimited quota on the FileSystem API (more info here) if they requested it with the "
- Chrome OS will have a mobile activation UI.
And that's all!